The Grand River Kennel Club’s Junior Membership has been set up especially for young dog lovers between the ages of 12-17 years and encourages interest in the care, training and activities associated with pure-bred dogs.
The goals of Grand River Kennel Club’s Junior Membership is the following:
- To educate young people in the care and training of dogs.
- To develop courtesy, sportsmanship and self-discipline.
- To encourage a sense of responsibility in dog ownership.
- To enable young people to enjoy participation in and management of all activities connected with dogs.
- To promote activities which fulfil the goals of GRKC.
As a member of the club you will not only be able to meet new friends (human and canine alike) but you will also have the chance to learn and get involved in all things connected with dogs.
Applicants for Grand River Kennel Club, Junior Membership, require signatures of two (2) sponsors who are voting members of GRKC in good standing, and whom may not be directly related. The permission and signature of a parent or legal guardian is also required.
All Junior Members are expected to act in a mature and responsible manner as it relates to animal care in their charge, and all matters relating to the functions of the GRKC.
Applicants for Junior Membership must be between the ages of 12 and 17 years of age, be a Canadian citizen or resident of Canada with appropriate Canadian government documentation.
To be considered for member of Grand River Kennel Club, please email the club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 226 868 4752